The churches and chapel
Add to favorites
Bénodet has been enriched by a remarkable architectural heritage. Beautiful surprises await you at the bend of a path or in the heart of a chapel.
St. Thomas Church
The Saint-Thomas Church is located on the port of Bénodet. It is dedicated to Saint-Thomas Becket. Built in the 13th century, it originally had only one nave and a small bell tower. It was enlarged during the 16th century, then remodeled in the 19th century with the reuse of old elements.
The church is open daily from 10 a.m. to 19 p.m.
Our Lady of the Sea
This church is characterized by its contemporary architecture. It was built in 1968 on the avenue de la Mer which leads to the beach of the trez, main beach of Bénodet.
It contains a curiosity with the presence of a wooden pieta from the end of the 15th century.
The church is open from mid-July to mid-August, Monday to Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
For information on Masses: Parish of Bénodet / Fouesnant
THE Chapel of Perguet
This chapel was the parish church of Bénodet until 1878. Its Romanesque part dates from the XNUMXth century.
La Chapelle du Perguet is located on the roadside between Bénodet and Fouesnant. The enclosure, which surrounds the church, was a former cemetery. His Calvary, restored in 1989, represents Saint Laurent and Saint Brigitte. This church is dedicated to these two saints. The statuary, the altar and the stained glass windows have been restored. They have a high quality polychromy.
Korean artist KIM EN JOONG has redesigned the vitals, bringing a contemporary touch to the building.
The chapel is currently closed to visitors due to upcoming works.
His forgiveness is the second weekend of August. It is organized outside with the presence of dancers in costumes as well as a drinks stand.